OAKLAND COUNTYDRUG COURTS
The Oakland County Drug Courts are made up of both the Juvenile Drug Court and Adult Treatment Court. The exceptional treatment programs offered by the courts service the entire county by helping program participants overcome their substance abuse problems, restore their lives and promote a healthier community.
- They provide a path to recovery that often begins with in-patient or restrictive treatment plans and, through a multi-disciplinary treatment process, moves toward relapse prevention and permanent lifestyle change.
- The program includes ongoing counseling, regular drug testing and frequent court appearances to ensure close supervision by the court.
- It holds offenders accountable while treating their disease and encouraging continued long-term sobriety.
- The engaged, collaborative and supportive structure provided by the program, which includes donated time and unpaid contributions by judges, court staff, treatment specialists and other professionals, stands in stark contrast to the impersonal nature of the justice system.
- Participation in the program is limited to non-violent offenders who reside in Oakland County and meet certain legal and sentencing requirements.
- The program lasts anywhere from 12 to 18 months depending on the progress of the participant.
- There is a maximum of 30 participants in the juvenile program at any given time, and approximately 25-40 participants in the adult program.