A LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT
Dear Friends of RESTORE,
Drug abuse, addiction, and accidental overdose are every parents’ and grandparents’ worst nightmare. Unintended drug overdoses are the second leading cause of accidental deaths in America, trailing only traffic fatalities. In his book Clean, David Sheff captures our fears in the words of an actual parent:
“My 19 year old daughter died last month. I loved her with every ounce of me. The world lost an angel. My life is shattered.”
We know that young adults between the ages of 18 and 25 face problems unique to this age group. They are more at risk and under served in terms of difficulties related to depression, suicidal ideation, serious mental illness, substance abuse/misuse and addiction.
The RESTORE Foundation and the Alliance of Coalitions for Healthy Communities (ACHC), have now partnered to aggressively respond to these issues. RESTORE and ACHC are developing an integrated holistic approach to solving problems of our your adults.
We are connecting the dots to save lives by:
- Developing and integrating a holistic approach to solving problems of young adults (18-25)
- Creating a Young Adult Prevention, Support and Treatment Council
- Implementing RESOLVE through:
- Challenging College Substance Misuse Program
- Empowering and equipping parents/grandparents/caregivers to understand and make a positive difference in their YA life
- Connecting and promoting existing community resources
- Filling the gaps by creating services and resources
To do this, we need your help. Please consider a contribution to RESTORE/ACHC for this important, life-saving effort. Make your tax-deductible contribution here.
Thank you so much,
Judge Edward Sosnick (RET.)
President, RESTORE Foundation